CIC Certified Insurance Counselor
- Credentials (Letters): CIC
- Credentials (Full Name): Certified Insurance Counselor
- Type of Knowledge: Insurance agent, broker or adjuster
- Sponsor for Credential: The National Alliance for Insurance Education and Research
- Sponsor/Credential Website: https://www.scic.com/cic
- Prerequisites: Licensed agent, broker, adjuster or solicitor. Have at least 2 years of full time experience in the insurance industry or as a risk management practitioner or have served as a full-time insurance faculty member at an accredited college or university.
- Curriculum: 5 separate courses, Personal Insurance needs, Commercial Casualty, Commercial Property, Life and health and Agency Management
- Type of Study: The CIC program is a continuing education program and a certification program.
- Estimated Completion Time: Each course is 2 1/2 days of coursework, followed by a 2 hour essay exam. Total time to obtain CIC Certification is 12 1/2 hours of coursework and 10 hours of essay exam.
- Examination Requirements: Final exam for each course (proctored, closed book)
- Continuing Education Requirements: One session every year
- Advisor Look-Up: None
- Investor Education: None
- Telephone: 800-633-2165
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Comments: Disclaimer: Since the time of this update, certification information may have been updated without our knowledge.