CFP® Certified Financial Planner
- Credentials (Letters): CFP
- Credentials (Full Name): Certified Financial Planner
- Type of Knowledge: Planning, Investment, Insurance
- Sponsor for Credential: Certified Financial Planner Board of Standards, Inc.
- Sponsor/Credential Website: www.cfp.net
- Prerequisites: Undergraduate degree and 3 years of planning experience.
- Curriculum: CFP Board registered program
- Type of Study: Classroom or self study
- Estimated Completion Time: Unknown
- Examination Requirements: 10 hours; Proctored
- Continuing Education Requirements: 30 hours every 2 years
- Advisor Look-Up: Yes
- Investor Education: Yes
- Telephone: 800-487-1497
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Comments: Most highly regarded financial planner designation. There is some planning information for investors.