AVA Accredited Valuation Analyst
- Credentials (Letters): AVA
- Credentials (Full Name): Accredited Valuation Analyst
- Type of Knowledge: Business valuations
- Sponsor for Credential: National Association of Certified Valuators and Analysts
- Sponsor/Credential Website: https://www.nacva.com/cva
- Prerequisites: Must hold a business degree, submit three personal and three business references, and have 2 years or more of full-time or equivalent experience in business valuation and related disciplines OR have performed ten or more business valuations where the applicant’s role was significant, OR have a combination of published works on the subject and completed either a Ph.D. in finance or economics or D.B.A. from an accredited institution of higher education and having some work experience.
- Curriculum: 5 day optional training program
- Type of Study: Self-study
- Estimated Completion Time: Unknown
- Examination Requirements: 2 part exam. Part 1 is a five-hour proctored exam. Part 2 (40-60 hours) is a take-home/in-office exam that incorporates a standardized case study that requires performing a complete business valuation. Experience may be substituted for Part 2.
- Continuing Education Requirements: 36 hours every 3 years
- Advisor Look-Up: None
- Investor Education: None
- Telephone: 801-486-0600
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Additional Comments: Disclaimer: Since the time of this update, certification information may have been updated without our knowledge.