ATA Accredited Tax Advisor®
- Credentials (Letters): ATA
- Credentials (Full Name): Accredited Tax Advisor®
- Type of Knowledge: Tax Planning
- Sponsor for Credential: Accreditation Council for Accountancy and Taxation
- Sponsor/Credential Website: https://www.acatcredentials.org/acatcredentials/ata
- Prerequisites: Must have five years of experience in tax preparation, compliance, tax planning and consulting, of which 40% must be in tax planning and consulting. A tax-season (January through April) is considered one year.
- Curriculum: None
- Type of Study: Self study
- Estimated Completion Time: Unknown
- Examination Requirements: 1 exam, proctored and timed
- Continuing Education Requirements: 90 hours of CPE every 3 years with at least 86 hours in taxation or related subjects (such as accounting, finance, technology, or business law) or subjects that relate the advisor's particular area of practice or employment; plus 4 hours in ethics.
- Advisor Look-Up: None
- Investor Education: None
- Telephone: 888-289-7763
- Email: email@example.com
- Additional Comments: Disclaimer: Since the time of this update, certification information may have been updated without our knowledge.