CPA Certified Public Accountant
- Credentials (Letters): CPA
- Credentials (Full Name): Certified Public Accountant
- Type of Knowledge: Accountancy
- Sponsor for Credential: American Institute of CPA's
- Sponsor/Credential Website: www.aicpa.org
- Prerequisites: Education and Experience requirements differ by State.
- Curriculum: Bachelor's degree coursework in accounting and business administration pertaining to exam areas.
- Type of Study: Classroom, online, self study
- Estimated Completion Time: Unknown
- Examination Requirements: Exam covers 4 areas: Auditing and attestation; Business environment and concepts; Financial accounting and reporting; Regulation
- Continuing Education Requirements: Yes, varies by State and type of practice
- Advisor Look-Up: None
- Investor Education: None
- Telephone: 888-777-7077
- Email: None
- Additional Comments: The most recognized credential in the U.S.