Schwab Intelligent Portfolios
Data compiled from company, regulatory agency (SEC, FINRA), and third party websites. Did Not Disclose (DND) means Paladin could not find this information on the Internet. Advisory firms can submit updated information to Paladin Research. Paladin will update the OFA report if it can validate the information.
- Type of Financial Firm: Online Financial Advisor (OFA)
- URL: www.intelligent.schwab.com/
- Year Established: 2015
- Headquarters Location: San Francisco, CA
- Most Recent Update: 5/25/15
Types of Financial Services
- Investment advice and services
Registration & Licensing
- SEC: 801-29938
- CRD: 5393
- IARD: 5393
- Disclosures (SEC.gov): Disclosures
- Email: DND
- Telephone: 855-694-5208
- Human Contact: Yes
- Type of Contact: Phone, live chat, twitter
- Minimum Asset Requirement: $5000
- Minimum Fee: None
- Free Offer(s): None
- Service Initiation Fees: None
- Annual Fee: There are no advisory fees, no account service fees, and no commissions charged. The only fees you pay are the operating expenses on the ETFs in your portfolio—and they're among the lowest in the industry.
- Annual Third Party Fee(s): Yes
- Examples of Third Parties: ETF's, Index Funds, Mutual Funds, Broker/Dealers
Scope of Business
- Number of Users: DND
- Assets (Paid): DND
- Assets (Free): DND
- Number of Portfolios: Portfolios include up to 20 assets classes. Schwab currently using 54 ETF's.
- Types of Investments: ETF's
- Investment Managers: Schwab
Additional Investment Services
- Data Aggregation Services: No
- Tax Loss Harvesting: Yes, if your balance is at least $50,000 and you have signed up for this service.
- Rebalancing: Accounts must maintain a minimum balance of $5,000 to be eligible for automatic rebalancing.
- Account Liquidity: 2-3 days
- Investor Discretion: Clients may request that certain ETF's be excluded from their account, but Schwab (CSIA) is not required to accept these restrictions.
- Clearing & Custody: Schwab
- Mobile Application: Yes
Paladin Transparency Rating (PTI)
- Each investment strategy involves the 'sweep allocation' to the sweep program. The sweep allocation will generally range from 6-30% of an accounts value to be held in cash.