Glenn WesselCredentials: CFA®, CPA, CFP®
Asheville, North Carolina, 28801
The straight scoop If youre like me, you dont like partial truths, misleading statements, puffery, or anything else that smacks of bias. In that vein, I have taken great pains to create a fully independent investment advisory and financial planning practice that is honest and transparent to its core. If youll spend a few minutes on our website (button below), I am certain you will find our approach to be straightforward and absolutely sincere. Many advisors want your business. Before selecting one, do some homework to help ensure youre comparing more than personalities. The harder you look at us, the more youll appreciate the way we do business. Glenn Wessel, CFA, CPA, CFP®
1. What are your firm names?
Registered Investment Advisor
Wessel Investment Counsel, LLC
Shareholders Service Group (but we don\'t represent them, we represent you.)
2. What is your type of RIA registration?
- State: North Carolina
3. Are you a sole practitioner or a member of a firm or team?
- Sole Practitioner
4. What is your relationship to your Registered Investment Advisor?
5. What are your years of applicable financial service experience?
- 23 Years
6. Do you have any college degree(s)?
7. Do you belong to any industry associations?
- CFA Institute
- CFP Board of Standards, Inc.
- NC Board of CPA Examiners
8. What is your CRD or IARD number?
- 1430479 View BrokerCheck
9. Do you hold any active securities licenses?
- No Active Security Licenses
10. Which categories of financial services do you provide?
- Financial Planning Advice & Services
- Investment Advice & Services
11. Which planning services do you provide?
- Financial Plans
- Retirement Plans
12. Which investment advisory services do you provide?
- Investment Strategy & Policy
- Risk Management
- Money Manager Selection
- Performance Reports
- Asset Allocation
- Tax Efficient Investing
13. If you make investment decisions for clients, how do you invest their assets?
- Securities in Separate Accounts
- Mutual Funds
- Exchange Traded Funds
- Hedge Funds
- Money Market Funds
- Real Estate Partnerships
14. How many clients (not accounts) do you currently service?
15. What amount of client assets is currently under your management or advisement?
16. What is your minimum fee for your planning services?
- Did Not Provide
17. What is your minimum fee for your investment services?
- Did Not Provide
18. What is your minimum asset requirement for your investment services?
19. What is your minimum net worth requirement for your planning services?
20. What type of compensation do you receive for your planning services?
- Asset Based Fees
- Hourly Fees
21. What type of compensation do you receive for your investment advisory services?
- Asset Based Fees
- Hourly Fees
22. Do you work with remote clients over the Internet and telephone?
23. Do you hold any active insurance licenses?
24. Are you a Registered Investment Advisor or an Investment Advisor Representative?
25. Do you acknowledge you are a fiduciary when you provide financial advice and services for fees?
26. What states are covered by your registration(s) to sell investment advisory services?
- North Carolina
27. What states are covered by your registration(s) to sell investment and brokerage products?
- Not Applicable (I do not sell investment products)
28. What states are covered by your registration(s) to sell insurance products?
- Not Applicable (I do not sell insurance products)
29. Do you have any compliance disclosures for the past 5 years?
- Investment Disclosures: No
- Insurance Disclosures: No
30. Do you have any criminal disclosures since you became an adult?
- Misdemeanors: No
- Felonies: No
31. How do investors view your ADV Part II?
32. Additional Disclosure Statements or Comments
- We represent our clients, not some brokerage firm or insurance company. As such, we manage a large sum of money and provide planning advice, but we do not actually sell any financial products.
33. What languages do you speak fluently?
34. What is your primary role?
35. Which investment products do you sell?
- None (I do not sell investment products)
36. Which insurance products do you sell?
- None (I do not sell insurance products)
37. Do you provide tax advice and services?
38. Do you provide legal advice and services?
39. Do you provide any limited engagement services?
- Planning Only (No investment services)
- Financial Plan Reviews
- Investment Portfolio Reviews
40. What types of clients do you work with?
41. Where does your first meeting with a prospective client take place?
- Investor's Preference
42. Which companies act as custodians for your clients assets?
- Shareholders Service Group/Pershing
- Shareholders Service Group, Inc. (a discount broker)
43. What types of reports do you provide your clients and what is the frequency?
- Performance (Quarterly)
- Brokerage Statement (Monthly)
- Newsletters (Quarterly)
44. General Comments:
Beware of watered-down advisor credentials. The credentials I have took me almost 13 years to acquire. Paladin rates credentials, too, and gives each of my credentials its best rating of 5 stars: CFA - "The most highly regarded credential that is currently available to financial advisors." CFP - "The most highly regarded financial planner designation." CPA - "The most recognized credential in the U.S." I've done my homework.
CertificationI certify all of the information in my professional profile is accurate and up-to-date.
Most Recent Update: June 15, 2013