There is a hidden financial risk that can undermine the achievement of your goal for a secure, comfortable retirement. The source of the risk is the quality of the financial advisor who influences or controls the investment of your retirement assets.
The Hidden Risk
You may have a nice, friendly advisor you really like. He says tells you what you want to hear. He always seems to have the answer for your questions. Sounds good, but there are three realities you really should not ignore:
- The advisor's personality has nothing to do with his expertise or ethics
- Advisors want you to like them. They know you trust people you like
- The advisor derives income from your assets
Who is the Best Advisor?
Wall Street has been very successful controlling what you do and do not know about financial advisors:
- They DO NOT have any mandatory disclosure requirements
- No disclosure enables bad advisors to compete with good advisors
- Bad advisors generate a lot of revenue for Wall Street firms
Every year millions of Americans terminate advisors who failed to meet their expectations. This tells you the decision to select a competent, ethical advisor is more complex than you may think it is.
We level the playing field in a way that helps you make better decisions: Our expertise creates a specialized source of information:
- We help you ask the right questions
- We tell you the critical differences between good and bad answers
- We expose the tricks of the trade so you can avoid them
- We reduce the impact of advisor personalities, sales skills, and brand names
- You make the right decision because you have facts you can trust