5 Star Quality Ratings
Determining the actual quality of financial advisors and firms can be extremely difficult:
- Some advisors do not have mandatory disclosure requirements
- Advisors do not publish track records that document past results
- There is limited amount of public data for advisors
- Advisors use sales tactics to hide their weaknesses from you
Your biggest financial risk is bad advice when you invest your assets in the securities markets. Bad advice comes from two types of advisors and firms:
- They do not have the knowledge to provide high quality advice
- They put their need to make money ahead of your need to achieve financial goals
We combine expert due diligence with a proprietary algorithm to produce quality ratings that reduce your risk of selecting the wrong advisor or firm.
- We ask the right questions and we know good answers from bad ones
- We research advisor and firm responses (due diligence)
- Our proprietary algorithm rates the quality of their responses
- Advisors and firms must score in the 90th percentile or higher
- We document their responses for you
- A 5 Star quality rating is a minimum requirement for being profiled in our Registry
We use a comprehensive, online questionnaire to gather key facts from financial advisors and firms :
- Credentials: Degrees, experience, certifications
- Ethics: Licensing, registrations, compliance record, fiduciary status
- Business Practices: Compensation, reporting, custodians
- Services: Planning, investment, insurance, tax, legal
Our research is conducted by experienced Paladin analysts who review advisor responses and public data at FINRA.org, SEC.gov, state securities commissioners, advisor websites, and Google.
Our proprietary algorithm produces quality ratings for advisors and firms:
- Advisors with more experience score higher than advisors with less experience
- Advisors with top quality certifications score the highest: CFA, CIMA, CFP, CPA
- Advisors must be financial fiduciaries who work for fees
- Advisors are required to have clean compliance records for five years or more
We believe it pays to trust what you see, not what you hear, when you select a financial advisor or firm. We document the information we used to produce a quality rating for you. You have a written record in case there is a future dispute.
Select an advisor or firm that has been vetted, rated, and documented by Paladin Research. Do not select the advisor with the best sales pitch. The choice is yours.